Our Webb Page

Our Webb Page

Monday, February 16, 2009

This one goes out to all our "Copeley" Friends

So, you know that game called Settlers of Catan? Well, Brandon and I came up w/ our own version of the game- Settlers of COPELEY. We lived in the Family Housing apts. at UVa (aka Copeley). In our version, you try to build apartments, complexes, the Longest Seymour Rd, The Largest Work Order, and move the "ROACH". ;) The cards you use to "build" (if you've played the original game you know what I'm talking about) are: off-white paint, cinderblocks, groundhogs, quarters (because of the laundry coin-op quarters were worth more than bills around Copeley), and the garden.


This is a pic. of one of two Brandon & Danielle "originals" (we made one for the Russons!) We have all the files that we could send ya- if anyone's interested. Or, maybe I could make you one (for a small fee!) ;) Spread the word to all our Copeley peeps!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

cam said...

We played this game a few weeks ago and it was SOOO much fun! We laughed the whole time. Your roach looks huge! Disgusting. I love it. Cami

melissa said...

You guys are awesome! Ahhh....memories! I do miss the dirty place!

Marlo said...

I just want you all to know that I would win. Copeley was dark and dirty, but at least the roof didn't fall in during a thunderstorn like in our old "terrace" (i.e., stanky basement) apartment.

Jamieson

Lisa Fox said...

that is soo funny and clever. I love the roach, that was one thing i just couldn't get used to. Sometimes i will open a box and it will smell like those apts...yuck!
Crazy how we'd still go back in a heartbeat huh :)

Marlo said...

Wow, I am very, very impressed. And very surprised to see that I already posted a comment. Maybe there should be something about contraband dishwashers, no?

Meredith said...

I remember you telling me about this game - I love Settlers, but to have the MEMORIES attached to it - how fun! We miss family housing and we are excited to get to go back for gradution (& Jeramy has a conference there). We love where we are in Colorado though and I can definitely say I'm excited to be rid of the "hair and nail polish shalacked to my crappy tiles" floor. AND not feeling guilty each time I use my dishwasher!

Rivka said...

I love this! We definitely need the files. Looks like it's time to start planning a Copeley Reunion! We could all bring ours and make a huge game spread out all over a nice asbestos filled tile floor. What do you say?

Ash said...

I love that game. Well I loved Settlers, so I'm sure I'd love your too!

Haley said...

Bahahahaha. I am totally laughing out loud. That is hilarious. You'll have to send us the file. I need to learn how to play Settlers first. Did you include the jumpy spiders in the laundry room? That was always the best when family would come out to visit and see those for the first time. We miss you guys!

Emily said...

You guys are soo creative!!! I love how you make up games! Also, do you have Cami Russon's email address? I would love to get in contact with her!

EmmaJ said...

That is great! You guys are so talented.